Comprehensive Consulting for PhD Candidates
Precision Consulting is widely considered to be the premier consulting firm for PhD candidates seeking dissertation help. Doctoral candidates frequently cite these reasons for choosing to work with us:
- We are more reasonably priced than most other consultants offering dissertation help. We offer free in-depth consultations with prospective clients, so that we can quote you accurately for the assistance that you need for your dissertation. We have payment plans for grad students who require dissertation help, and quote all of our work on a per-project (and not hourly) basis. You pay for results, not for time.
- We offer personalized, comprehensive, and friendly support during and after your consultation with us, via phone and/or email. We don't consider our job done until your work is approved, and you are completely comfortable with the work. We are generally available via phone from 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM Monday through Friday, and from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM on Saturdays. We can create PowerPoint presentations or other visual tools to help you, or can be available via Webcon for a 'live' consultation. We consider ourselves to be teachers and not doers, and truly enjoy the feeling of helping a doctoral candidate through the dissertation process. We take pride in our ability to explain complex concepts in statistics and qualitative methods in a simple way, and have been referred by numerous committees because of this.
- We offer ultra-fast turnaround times, and often work with clients who have a substantial piece of work due within 4-5 business days. We also have the ability to work within even more stringent timelines, if necessary.
- We have expertise in the specific requirements at major online universities such as NCU, Capella, Walden, Argosy, University of Phoenix (UoP), Nova (NSU), Grand Canyon University and California Southern University. We've worked with hundreds of students and professors from online universities, and typically save our clients thousands of dollars in course fees and reduced terms.
- For instance, we have extensive experience with the Concept Paper phase at NCU and the Annotated Bibliography. Students often come to us after revising their paper dozens of times. By consulting with us, they are usually able to secure approval within a matter of weeks, not months or years.
- Similarly, we've worked with many Capella learners on their SMR and proposal process. Our methodological experts have a great deal of experience with the Capella committee and mentor requirements, and all have PhDs in either Statistics, Economics, or Psychology.
- Our services also extend to other submissions required for the completion of a degree, such as Capstone research projects. Capstone projects often require the candidate to demonstrate concrete knowledge and the ability to apply research methods to a real-world problem. These research projects can be used in lieu of a dissertation or thesis across a variety of degree areas such as Business, Nursing, and Education, among others. For schools, such as Walden, that offer this option to Masters’ and Doctoral candidates, we would apply the same expertise that we do for all of our dissertation clients to ensure your Capstone research is professionally conducted.
- We're experts at all variants of the APA 6 style, including BOLD which is commonly used by University of Phoenix. Unlike most editors, we go beyond simple format and grammar; all standard edits include full sentence structure, transition, referencing, front matter, and table of contents, and guarantee the approval of the document.
- We work with clients on a wide range of topics and our core areas of expertise include Psychology, Nursing, Education, and Business/Leadership. To get a better sense of how we can assist you with one of these key topic areas, please click on your topic below for a more detailed discussion:
Psychology, and psychometrics in particular, is one of our most common and most widely utilized areas of expertise. Not only are we familiar with most of the instruments that have been developed over the past few decades (such as Beck Depression Inventory and Child Behavior Checklist), but we have also developed original instruments and conducted validity and reliability testing. We use Cronbach’s alpha to test for internal consistency along with exploratory and confirmatory factor analyses, correlations, and Chi-squared tests to assess test-retest reliability, construct, and criterion validity. Some of the interesting areas of psychology that we’ve recently investigated in conjunction with our clients are:
- Anger and aggression as it relates to Intelligence (IQ) and Emotional Intelligence.
- An investigation into personal and inter-personal risk factors for victimization.
- Covariance between therapeutic factors and the Trans-Theoretic Model of psychotherapy as applied to college students.
- The psychology of cybersex addiction and treatment.
- The effectiveness of school psychologists and therapists in diagnosing ADHD, eating disorders, and bullying-related trauma.
- Clinical psychologists’ Phenomenological exploration of patients’ lived experiences following couples counseling.
- Clinical psychologists use of Grounded Theory to develop a model for substance abuse recovery for college students.
Recently, nursing education has undergone a minor renaissance with the introduction of simulation based testing. As a result, we have developed an expertise in testing the effectiveness of simulation based exams. We have participated in the development of longitudinal studies to test the resulting success and effectiveness of nurses who graduated at the top of their classes from a core set of schools that used simulation based testing compared with those who used traditional oral and written exams. Beyond simulation based testing, we have also conducted research in the following areas:
- How play therapy impacts anxiety and pain management among hospitalized children with chronic illnesses.
- The effectiveness of various obesity related education and fitness programs among high school students diagnosed as diabetic or pre-diabetic.
- An examination on the effect of relaxation therapy among patients who regularly visit hospital emergency rooms.
- Magnet versus non-Magnet hospitals’ patient satisfaction by region in the United States.
- The effectiveness of planned teaching programs on knowledge regarding the growth and development among mothers of toddlers.
For the past decade, education research has followed a number of interesting paths. Our experience in education based research and analysis has followed the progression of bullying-related studies, the effectiveness and policy change affects that resulted from NCLB, and the psychological and scholastic impact of the news of school shootings both within-district and across districts in the United States. The introduction and adoption of smartphones and the widespread availability of tablets and laptops has also changed the landscape of education across all age groups, but especially with respect to elementary and middle-school children. Students’ as young as 7 and 8 years old have started bringing their technology to school, which has increased the threat of cyberbullying along with forcing teachers and administrations to adjust. The following topics are just a select few among the various areas that we’ve researched in the field of education:
- Parents’ and teachers’ perceptions of the effect cyberbullying has on student academic achievement.
- The relationship between the ubiquity of technology and school attendance and GPA.
- Parents’ and children’s lived experiences and perceptions related to bullying and cyberbullying in elementary and middle school.
- The relationship between texting frequency and writing performance.
- How NCLB has affected preparation for secondary education and beyond.
- The effectiveness of bullying prevention programs.
- Phenomenological investigations into the lived experiences of survivors of school shootings.
- Grounded Theory studies into developing a model for recovery post school-tragedies.
Among the variety of areas of study that we assist with in the business and leadership arena, the two key areas have been implementing management techniques in new areas (such as Six Sigma being applied in Saudi Arabia and other Middle Eastern countries) and the implementation of Emotional Intelligence and Leadership Styles research among various industries and levels of management. Administration effectiveness, profitability, and margin analysis have also continued to be key areas of research where our clients focus on one or two areas for comparison (such as the UK and continental Europe). Banking studies have also, of course, been disproportionately frequent in the wake of the recent financial crisis. The same can be said for risk management operational effectiveness studies with respect to leadership factors. Some of the topics that we’ve helped research over the past 5-6 years have included:
- The implementation of Six Sigma in Saudi Arabia.
- The relationship operational effectiveness and Leadership Styles.
- The relationship between Leadership Styles and Emotional Intelligence.
- Supply chain management: A mixed methods investigation into the most effective practices for efficient distribution and allocation of resources.
- Corporate responsibility’s correlation to profitability as a longitudinal study of publicly recognizable businesses.
- Asset types, bank balance sheets, and the ex-ante and ex-post risk management policies of the world’s largest banks.
- Banking privatization and the risk of insolvency and bankruptcy.
- Public funds’ effectiveness in reducing systematic risk to the banking sector.
In addition to the areas of Psychology, Education, Nursing, and Business, we also provide extensive assistance with a wide variety of specialized topics. These areas range from technical Engineering, mathematical, and statistical analyses to Music Theory and the application of the biographical information of the composer to the analysis of a given symphony. We also have a high degree of expertise in Economics, Econometrics, and Mathematical Finance topics and analyses. In addition to these areas of expertise, we also have a very flexible and highly intelligent team so please also feel free to contact us with your topic even if it isn’t explicitly noted above.
- We work with clients from around the world. Our ability to help you get through your thesis or dissertation extends well beyond our borders as our clients include Masters' degree and Doctoral candidates from countries including the United Kingdom, Australia & New Zealand, South Africa, Germany, France, and Saudi Arabia, among others. We are also familiar with country-based differences in submission expectations and written English (such as American, British, and Australian usages). Since a significant proportion of our client base is international, we can be available outside of our normal business hours of 9am-8pm EST to accommodate any time difference.
- We can consult regarding any statistical or qualitative analysis, regardless of the complexity (and have never turned down a project due to it being too complex). We take on the projects that no one else can handle. Our dissertation assistance clients often come from top schools such as the Ivies, Oxford, Stanford, etc. We have specialists in various disciplines (psychometrics, qualitative analysis, education research, econometrics, methodology, non-parametric statistics, etc.), each with PhDs from elite Universities. We frequently accept clients who have been turned away by other dissertation consultants because the project was too complex for them.
- We provide assistance to doctoral candidates focusing on qualitative research. We can assist with virtually any qualitative methodology ranging from Phenomenology to Content Analysis, Grounded Theory, Ethnography, Action Research, Case Study Methods, Delphi Studies, and more.
We customize our help to assist you in developing your topic and specifying your methodology. Please review our presentation about Topic Development and Methods Specification below to get a better idea about how we approach these key steps in your dissertation research process.
- We have expertise with virtually every statistical and qualitative software package, including but not limited to:
- SPSS, SAS, and Stata for standard quantitative analyses
- R and Matlab for simulations, bootstrapping, neural nets, data mining, and general multi-purpose quantitative modeling
- NVIVO, NUDIST, and ATLAS for qualitative work
- MPLUS, LISREL, AMOS, and EQS for Structural Equation Modeling and Latent Class Analysis
- SmartPLS for Partial Least Squares Path Modeling
- WinBUGS and OpenBUGS for Bayesian Analysis
- MATHEMATICA and MAPLE for pure mathematics
- We are highly recommended by the Association for Support of Graduate Students, and we are members in good standing of the Statistical Consulting section of the American Statistical Association.
On this page, we will cover an introduction into our experience working with PhD candidates, and precisely what our service entails.
Our Experience Working With PhD Candidates
The recent proliferation of online Universities offering PhD degrees (such as NCU, Capella, UoP, etc) has led to the situation of students often being ill-prepared to complete the dissertation process without seeking outside assistance from a dissertation consultant who is familiar with the specific processes followed at these schools. Since expanding our client base to include PhD candidates, we have helped these students save tens of thousands of dollars in tuition, while graduating months earlier than their peers. Offering dissertation help to PhD candidates is now one of the top priorities of our firm.
When we decided to begin offering dissertation help to graduate students, we carefully researched the services being offered by other dissertation consultants and statisticians. We realized that many less-qualified firms had now entered the dissertation help industry, but for the most part, they aren't qualified or able to do the required work.
Over the years, Precision Consulting has helped over 20,000 students with their dissertation, in various disciplines including education, psychology, finance, and many others.
Precisely What Our Service Entails
We work with students at all stages of the dissertation process, from those in the earliest stages (deciding what topic to study) to those in the latter stages (only needing their data analyzed, or a final APA edit ). The following list contains what we will do for you at each stage of the process. For specific information on the process of working with us at various stages, you can also go to the appropriate section via the menu on the left of this page.
Here is how we can help you with your dissertation if you have an approved topic and your literature review is completed, which is a common starting point for our clients:
- First, we try to truly understand the issue you are studying. We will do this by reading everything you have produced so far (your proposal, etc), as well as any articles of your suggestion. At this point, we will be ready to suggest a proper way of moving forward.
- We then work on your statistical or qualitative methodology. If you've not yet collected your data, we begin by assisting you in the development of the optimal sampling strategy as well as the best methods of analysis for the data to be collected. At this point, we also determine the necessary sample size for your study by performing the appropriate power analysis, and we examine the reliability and validity of your constructs. Experimental design (planning the collection of data) is quite possibly the most important step of a project. Time (and money) lost by poor sampling often cannot be recovered. Let us help you design a data collection plan that will avoid any pitfalls.
- At this point, we assist you with the provision of a draft of your methods section in APA format to be submitted to your committee for feedback. We will assist you with any/all changes required by your committee to get it approved, no matter how long (or how many revisions) it takes.
- If you need assistance with data entry, we can help you to set up a template, or we can provide data entry for you for a reasonable extra charge.
If you already have a completed/approved proposal and are ready for quantitative and qualitative data analysis, we would ordinarily proceed as follows:
- When your data is collected, we will conduct the analysis in the software package of your choice. Unlike many other consultants, we are proficient with virtually every statistical method and qualitative methodology, and virtually all statistical software packages.
- We will then send you the outputs of our analysis (figures, tables, etc) all in APA format, along with a detailed summary of the findings.
- Professional APA editing can be provided for the rest of your paper (chapters 1 and 2) for a reasonable fee. In addition to assisting with the rather arcane APA formatting rules, we also strive to help you in an intelligent manner with the entirety of your paper, integrating your editing work with practical suggestions on content. We are also familiar with the particular editing and formatting rules of various Universities (including all of the major online Universities, who tend to have very specific formatting conventions), and will of course format your dissertation according to those rules, as well as to standard APA conventions.
- We can also assist you with the development or expansion of your literature review (chapter 2) or with your discussion section (chapter 5). Please see the menu on the left of this page for more information on how we can assist you with these sections of your dissertation.
- We provide ongoing support throughout the entire process. We can demonstrate how to interpret the results, provide ample instruction on the methods used (and why) and what the results mean, suggest reading materials for you to greater understand the particular analytical methods used, give you a PowerPoint presentation with the main points of the results, and allow unlimited email and phone support to ensure that you completely understand the results of the analysis and can discuss them freely. This includes preparation for the defense and peer review process.
We understand the importance and necessity of confidentiality, and provide all of our prospective clients with a Non-Disclosure Agreement immediately upon contact. This ensures you that your research will not be shared with any third parties, and your consultation with us is completely confidential.
Samples of Our Work
- Sample of a Methodology Suggestions Document
- Sample of a Qualitative Methodology Section
- Sample of a Quantitative Methodology Section
- Sample of a Qualitative Results Section
- Sample of a Quantitative Results Section
- Sample of an APA Edit
- Sample of a Powerpoint Presentation for Final Defense