Precision Consulting provides expert editing services to doctoral and master’s degree candidates needing a high-quality dissertation editor. In each case we work on a 1-to-1 personal basis with every one of our clients.
We provide highly customized editing services that take into account what you’ve done so far for your document, and price our work based only on what we do for you. Our team of dissertation editors is experienced with editing everything from coursework submissions to Concept Papers, Prospectuses, Proposals, and final Dissertations.
For academic researchers seeking Journal publication, we verify each and every requirement from the selected Journals. This review usually includes reading successful submissions from each Journal to validate writing style choices.
The aspects of our work that separate us from our competition can be summarized in the below bullets. We are confident that after reviewing our site, and the samples of our work, you will undoubtedly select Precision Consulting for your dissertation editing needs. The key factors that separate us from our competition are as follows:
- Guaranteed Fast Approval. We guarantee approval of our edits by your reviewer or institution, almost always on the first submission. Of course, in the rare case of any revision requests, we work on any requested revisions immediately and without extra cost.
- Security. We are the Industry Leader for a reason. We’ve been in the editing services business for nearly a decade, have thousands of satisfied clients, are a member of the Inc 500 (one of the 500 fastest growing companies in the country), and have top positioning for most editing terms throughout Google. Your precious work, money, and time are safe with us.
- The Fastest Turnaround Times. We can typically return your completed edit within just a few business days of beginning work, saving you thousands in course fees. We can also work on expedited timelines and have your edit done in as little as 1-2 business days.
- Expertise in APA, MLA, Chicago, Turabian, and Harvard Styles. Unlike other firms who use outsourced contractors (often international) for most of their edits, all of our dissertation editors work solely for Precision and have PhDs from elite American Universities. Many of our edits are worked on personally by the Head of our Dissertation Editing Department, Dr. Peter Rosenbaum (MIT PhD). We work with our clients throughout the entire dissertation editing process, editing for grammar, sentence structure, and punctuation; as well as reviewing your references, citations, formatting, and presentation. We are not just an APA editor, and also offer dissertation or thesis editing in a variety of other academic styles such as MLA, Chicago, Turabian, and Harvard.
- Personalized Attention. You will work with one project manager who will be constantly available to you via phone or email during and after your time working with us. We’re easy to reach, always happy to speak to you, and don’t disappear when the work is done (in case you need us for revisions or after-support).
- Reasonable Cost. Since our work is customized for each of our clients, our rates depend on the scope of work that would be required to perfectly edit your particular document. Among professional dissertation editing services with our experience level, our prices tend toward the average of the industry. Our work product and experience are at the utmost of the industry.
- Online Experience with NCU, Walden, Capella, University of Phoenix, Nova, Argosy, and Grand Canyon University. We are well versed in online university formats (NCU, Walden, Capella, University of Phoenix, Nova, Argosy, & Grand Canyon University), and have worked with thousands of dissertation candidates and faculty at these schools.
- We are a Full-Service Dissertation Consulting Firm. As such, we can also assist with content-related issues brought up by your committee, or can assist with your Qualitative Analysis consulting using NVivo and Quantitative Analysis consulting using SPSS. You can read more about how we use these programs by clicking on our NVivo Guide and our SPSS Guide.
An Example of How We Work
Not Just APA Editing
Precision Consulting dissertation editors are experts in APA editing as well as several other popular academic styles, including MLA, Chicago, Harvard, and Turabian formatting requirements. We pride ourselves on being able to work with any style and within any University´s guidelines. On the rare occasion where we have not worked with a specific school’s dissertation editing guidelines, our editors take time to learn how to expertly execute the customized editing required before beginning to edit your work.
Expertise in Online University Formatting
We are also aware of the special challenges that students at online Universities face. If you are an online University student, your paper will have to be approved not only by your professors but also by the format reviewers. Because each online university´s format differs slightly from standard APA editing, it is crucial to find a dissertation editor who knows not only the base APA editing style, but also each school´s special rules.
- Northcentral University
- Concept paper and annotated bibliography editing
- Coursework and comprehensive exam editing
- Prospectus editing
- Checking for adherence to Rubric items
- Capella University
- SMR and Research Plan form editing
- IRB form editing
- University of Phoenix
- BOLD Template
- URR Checklist
- Customization based on your degree
- Expertise with the notoriously difficult Fischler school
- Argosy University
- Additional buffer pages
- Customized pagination
- Grand Canyon University
- Customized APA formatting
- Adherence to the main template
Our Dissertation Editing Process
Precision Consulting has a team of experienced dissertation editors who come to us from top universities such as Harvard, Princeton, Yale, McGill, Cambridge, and Oxford (for our international clients) who are experts at preparing documents for submission and publication. Our team reviews formatting, writing and grammar, and reference and citation aspects of our clients’ work.
- APA numbered lists
- Appendix formatting
- Automatic lists of tables and figures
- Automatic table of contents
- Body formatting
- Creating proper headers and footers
- Figure and table captions
- Front matter set-up
- Organizing block quotes
- Organizing headings
- Preparing approval sheets
- Proper spacing
- Removing bullets and bolding
- Table formatting
- Comma use
- Consistency of style
- Effect vs. affect
- First-person elimination
- Identifying overly-subjective tone
- Passive voice
- Removing relative time reference
- Scholarly precision and tone
- Series commas
- Subject-verb agreement
- We identify missing references
- We verify the formatting of references or footnotes
- We use APA, MLA, Chicago, Harvard, or Turabian editing standards and verify each reference or footnote one-by-one.
- For APA references, we check general formatting including italics usage, punctuation, capitalization, and page numbering.
- For APA references, we also validate DOI/Source information.
- For MLA references, we check italics and punctuation usage and verify publisher formatting.
- For Chicago style footnotes and references, we check font size and style along with italics and parentheses usage.
- For Harvard style references, we check punctuation and italics along with capitalization and ampersand usage.
- For Turabian footnotes and references, we check capitalization, punctuation, font size, inter-footnote and reference spacing, publisher location, and italics and parentheses usage.
- For all in-text citations, we check the alphabetical ordering of references, capitalization, punctuation, and page numbering for quotations.
- Bibliography construction from scratch given a written document
- We organize citations in bibliographic systems like EndNote and RefWorks.
Unlike other dissertation editing services, we go far beyond polishing writing, and offer comments on a paper´s construction, organization, and study methodology. We are able to offer much faster turnaround than other editing services – often as little as 3 to 4 days for a full dissertation.
One of the most common aspects that we see is the updating of older references used in the body of the work. Many of our clients are part-time students or work on their dissertations for over a year. Either way, with the implementation of a general rule about only using 4-5 year old references, those time lags can result in the presence of older references.
As a result, not only will we ensure proper reference and citation formatting, we will check every reference to ensure it meets your school’s specific age requirements. We have access to the Columbia and NYU libraries (both physical and online), which allows us to help our clients with their studies, giving us full-text access to hundreds of major journals and databases, including JSTOR, EbscoHost, Questia, ProQuest, ScienceDirect, Blackwell Synergy, and many others. This access allows us to help you fill in the gaps if your references are missing information such as a place of publication or volume number.