Concept Paper and Prospectus Help
Precision Consulting works with its clients from start to finish throughout the dissertation process, starting with the Concept Paper or Prospectus as appropriate. The Concept Paper is the first time that the research study is presented in full. This means that the dissertation is built on the decisions made during this phase. Our process begins by consulting with you regarding the general idea for your study. From there, we help you think through how you would conduct the research and which methodology fits best with your goals. We can then help you through the submission, revisions, and approval process. With our help, you can move forward to the proposal phase of your dissertation in no time at all.
- We work with doctoral students in a comprehensive fashion that begins with our methodological consultation. We review your topic, the purpose of your study, and your current ideas regarding how to conduct the research. We then work with you to determine the best research design, specify your research questions (and hypotheses if needed), review your instrumentation, discuss validity and reliability, and select the most appropriate analytic method.
- We are intimately familiar with most online schools including NorthCentral University’s Concept Paper process, Walden University’s Prospectus process, and other online schools such as Nova Southeastern, University of Phoenix, Argosy University and Grand Canyon University. Since we know what is expected, we can help save you time, frustration, and potentially thousands of dollars in tuition.
- We can assist you with qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods studies across nearly every field. Our staff is comprised of specialist researchers with PhDs in their respective fields including psychology, economics, and physics, to name a few. Precision Consulting’s comprehensive consulting services ensure your Concept Paper will be approved so you can begin work on your dissertation proposal.
- We start with the idea for your topic and we help you develop the most appropriate methodology. We discuss with you the data you may have available and determine how to set up the research design, select or develop your survey instrument(s) and interview protocols, and we also consider previous academic literature using your topic and the potential methods under consideration.
The methodology is the key to producing an approved Concept Paper. Our consulting services for your methodology include the wording of your research questions and hypotheses, your instrumentation and data gathering plan, and the identification of the correct analytic methods to apply to your collected data. Precision Consulting’s expert analysts can assist you with the development of each of these aspects across all academic disciplines. We are experts in experimental designs, correlational designs, and all qualitative research methods using both standard and complex quantitative and qualitative methodologies. These include everything from ANOVA, MANOVA, MANCOVA, correlations and linear regressions to Structural Equation Modeling and Hierarchical Linear Modeling for quantitative research. For qualitative or mixed methods research, we can apply Content/Thematic Analysis, Phenomenology, Ethnography, Narrative Inquiry, Case Study methods, and Grounded Theory. We can help you with essentially any type of study, regardless of its complexity level, at a very affordable cost.
- We also assist with the brief literature review for your Concept Paper and can help you ensure it is ready for approval. In conjunction with the development of your methodology, it is important to research previously published studies in your field of interest. Precision Consulting staff, consisting of PhD researchers across virtually every field, work closely with you to guide you through the initial phases of discussing the previously existing literature that relates your specific topic and selected methodology. Using our full-text access to scholarly journals from large databases such as EBSCOhost, ProQuest, Blackwell Synergy, JSTOR, and ScienceDirect, we comprehensively and critically review your topic with respect to previously conducted research.
- We can also assist with Prospectus development. Instead of a concept paper, some schools like Walden University require the submission of a brief Prospectus. While the Prospectus is typically only 6-8 pages long, it contains the foundations for your study and the same care and attention to its construction is needed. We begin working with you by determining the best methodological approach. This consulting is similar to that for the full Concept Paper since it is always best to consider precisely how the study will be conducted, how the research questions should read, and how to conduct your data collection. Once we determine your methodology, we then assist you with the presentation of your Prospectus.
- Our expertise extends to Capstone research projects. Universities sometimes opt for a Capstone research project in lieu of a dissertation or thesis. Capstone projects tend to be more primary research based and less theoretical than their traditional counterparts and they are also more strongly linked with a University’s desire to ensure that their graduates can conduct real-world research. Similar to our process of helping our clients think through the topic development and methodological aspects of their initial submissions, we would help you ensure that you can demonstrate a full comprehension and ability to implement a focused research study. We begin by assisting with the development of your methodology and we can help you throughout each step of the Capstone research process.
Precision Consulting can assist you throughout this entire process and all phases of your Concept Paper and Prospectus development. We bring a unique level of knowledge and rigor to your research project to maximize the likelihood that you will be approved to move onto the next phase of your dissertation process. Moreover, given our team approach, expertise and organizational size, we can offer very affordable fees.
Feel free to call our office for a free consultation.
We understand the importance and necessity of confidentiality, and provide all of our prospective clients with a Non-Disclosure Agreement immediately upon contact. This ensures you that your research will not be shared with any third parties, and your consultation with us is completely confidential.